I spotted a pair of moscow mule mugs at TJ Maxx several months ago, but decided against the purchase (one of those moments where you look back and wonder what in the world was I thinking?!). During our Charleston vacation, the Mr. and I spotted a vintage set while window shopping just as the shop was closing. I decided right then and there that I would make a set my own!
Thank goodness TJ Maxx hadn’t sold out, and I was able to pick up a matching set of four for our ever-growing collection of barware!
And the perfect way to celebrate this new purchase is with a fresh [non-alcoholic] Moscow Mule, of course!
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice (unless you get gigantic limes like I did, you’ll need about 2 limes)
- A few slices of fresh lime or ginger for garnish
- 1 cup ginger beer**
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 4 oz. club soda, tonic, or sparkling water (replace this with vodka for the alcoholic version)
- Ice cubes (bonus: freeze a little lemon and lime juice and ginger beer as ice cubes to prevent a watered down drink)
*This recipe makes a full mug of the Moscow Mule–you can easily half the recipe for a smaller cup
**There are several brands available, especially in the fall months, and they all work great! Don’t substitute this for ginger ale, though, as that is much sweeter and won’t give the little bite that Moscow Mules are known for
- Add all ingredients together and stir well (you can shake instead of stir if you’re making the alcoholic version without the club soda)
- Garnish with a fresh lime slice and/or slice of ginger